Saturday 19 November 2011

Water, water everywhere!

It's another hot day again so I decided to provide a bit of water play time for Annabelle and Andrew. I have two options of where to set up - either take them onto the balcony 3 floors up in the scorching hot sun or inside on the carpet.

I took the plunge and opted for safer indoor option. I got out their messy mat, put a plastic tub filled a 1/3 way with water and threw in some bath toys. They had soooo much fun. However, as you can imagine the water was absolutely everywhere!!! Our place is carpeted so you can only imagine the result. I managed to catch most of it on the messy mat. This fun experience was short lived as I scrambled to clean up the water fun park with a dozen towels. Annabelle howled WATER WATER WATER as I packed away.I felt awful. Their nappies were exploding and looked like medicine balls because they absorbed some of the water!
I would love to provide this experience again and thought about how I can contain the water. Last year my parents bought a small wading to use on the deck and I thought I might get one too to put under the water bucket. I found a similar one to the one we got last year.For some reason my link ups aren't working properly so please click on the second red flashing Crazy Sales banner to the left.

CAUTION: ALWAYS SUPERVISE CHILDREN AROUND WATER AND EMPTY THE WATER CONTAINER AFTER USE. DROWNING CAN OCCUR IN SMALL AMOUNTS OF WATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment