Saturday 19 November 2011

Books that got me through pregnancy until now.

All of these books are bent now because I read and re read them so often. The two books I bought written by Kaz Cooke,who is a very well known comedian and cartoonist in Australia kept me laughing through pregnancy and beyond. Expectant dads will enjoy them too.

Up the Duff by Kaz Cooke - This book is absolutely hilarious. I read this book over and over again as I grew bigger and bigger during pregnancy and the early weeks. Kaz Cooke writes her book candidly based upon her pregnancy experience.From great tips on what to buy for baby, put in your hospital bag and dealing with your itchy tummy, shifting your big tummy past a table cloth in a restaurant without ripping it off (the table cloth that is) and dealing with the inevitable changes that go hand in hand with being pregnant, I couldn't help skipping ahead to see the next stages I was in for! I recommend this hilarious read as a gift to expectant mums-and dads.

What to Expect When You're Expecting and What to Eat When You're Expecting 4th Ed by Heidi Murkoff  - This book is a best seller for expectant parents. It is a very in depth book about as, the title suggests, what to expect during each stage of pregnancy and what to eat during each stage. There is a lot of helpful information in this book answering a lot of questions you wouldn't have even thought of. I'm pleased to find that the fourth edition of this book has an extended section for mums expecting multiples.

Kid Wrangling by Kaz Cooke - This is a follow up book by Kaz Cooke about how to tame our little ones! Take the parenting quiz and see how you fair! Read about how to tackle toddlers who believe they are the centre of the universe. Not just a book full of easy to read parenting information but another hilarious read that I'm sure you'll refer back to time and time again like I do!

Baby Love by Robin Barker -  This is one of Australia's best selling baby-care books. I often refer to this book to find out information pertaining to feeding (including breastfeeding, bottle feeding and solids), immunisation, sleep worries and settling my babies and illnesses. It's a really in depth and easy to read book.

Twins by Katrina Bowman and Louise Ryan - Before having twins I was fairly oblivious of what to expect. This book provides an insight into the lives of two mothers who had twins during and after their pregnancy's.The authors also draw upon the the very raw thoughts and feelings of mums and dads during various stages of pregnancy and beyond. It talks about the reality of having twins from sleepless nights, to bottle feeding and dealing/coping with raising twins. I went back to this book after Annabelle and Andrew were born and nodded my head many times thinking  ...aaaahhh that's what they were talking about when they mentioned that.You'll know what I mean when you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment