Friday 11 November 2011

Chocolate cake is lost!

This morning started off with a crisis. Andrew could not find his chocolate cake. It had gone missing and he was most upset. I searched and searched but could not find it anywhere. Pineapple would not do, icecream would not do nor would a square piece of chocolate. There were tears aplenty and I was beginning to think the day was doomed......

I tossed the pillows aside and looked, I looked under the boxes, amongst the books, amongst the copious amount of teddies, amongst the puzzles, under the train set, in the toy cars. So then, as most people do when they've lost something, I got down on all fours and began crawling... this crawl progessed to laying on my tummy and there it was... amongst a million other bits and pieces that had found themselves lost under the sofa. The infamous slice of plastic chocolate cake with lashings of cream and a cherry on top. Yeeeeaaah it was found!!Andrew was delighted and quickly took it from me and shoved it in his mouth and pretended to chomp on it. MMMM plastic.....nothing like a piece of plastic chocolate cake in the morning. Who knows what I'll do if it goes missing forever??!!
So this attachment to objects started a while a ago with both Andrew and Annabelle.Annabelle's Minnie Mouse teddy is a permanent fixture under her armpit and is a constant play mate. Some people's toddlers have blankies. Mine have Minnie Mouse and a piece of plastic chocolate cake. What am I to do when the day comes when their loved items can't be around anymore. Do I have Minnie Mouse 'eat' the piece of chocolate cake and tell Andrew that chocolate cake won't be coming back coz it's in Minnie's tummy?? So then what happens to Minnie...do I tell Annabelle that Minnie is off to a health retreat farm and won't be coming back for several years?
In the mean time I think it's pretty cute and love how such small things in life can mean so much to my little ones. Who knows, Minnie and that little piece of chocolate cake might just stick around for quite a while and be quite acceptable...well in my eyes anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment