Monday 7 November 2011

Sharing

The concept of sharing can be difficult for some- right through to adult life-come on think of the last time there was only one Tim Tam left in the fridge!?!
So, when you are 18 months old the concept can be exceptionally difficult especially when egocentrism comes into play - the 'all about me syndrome'!When you have twins or are about to have twins there is always the thought that you need 2 of everything. Well in some cases I have come to the conclusion that you need 4 - one for each hand! But, in many cases I have found my son wants what my daughter wants and vice versa.
So, what do you do? Well we've tried the 'you have to share' route. It sometimes work. In many cases Annabelle gives up and just gives- or in some cases throws- the toy Andrew wants at him. She seems happy- he's delighted! I am impressed though when they quite happily share - so don't despair- sharing between twins can happen.
You just have to work on it ... we still are...and are hoping it pays off down the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment